Monday, January 5, 2009

So What Color Are They?

I adore when I get e-mails regarding procedure. And by adore I mean I want to tear off my eye lids and rub lemon juice in the wounds. To me there is nothing worse than coming up with procedures. If people would just balls up and do the god damn job then we wouldn’t have to waste time trying to figure out who should be doing the job.

Today we get an e-mail about how to go about requesting time off. Normally we fill out a sheet, drop it off on our VP’s desk and presto, we get the day off. But apparently too many people were taking time off at Christmas or something and they want the days off spread out. Okay, whatever. I am broke as hell this year and saving for a car so the chances of me jetting off for an entire week is really slim. Most of my days off will be spent landscaping my mom’s house or heading to the zoo when I just can’t take anymore. But the last line of the memo (can it be considered a memo if it doesn’t state that in the subject line?) confused me and about 97% of the rest of my co-workers.

Also, please note that the green PTO request forms are no longer green. If you have any questions regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Huh? The green forms are no longer green. You can bet I have some questions regarding the above information. Namely, what color are the forms now?

Either someone isn’t proofing their e-mails or wants lots of employees to come and visit them in their office.

~The Office Scribe

1 comment:

kw said...

didn't you read the memo about TPS reports?