Friday, February 27, 2009

I Hate Sick Days!!!

I have always said that I will not use my sick days willy-nilly because why take a random day off when it is crappy weather.  I have made it known that I sometimes come down with an illness in early May that can only be cured by a trip to the zoo.  Yeah, since I am a pretty healthy person I sometimes take my sick days when I may not be "ill" unless they still have mental health days then I usually use my sick days as those.

And I was doing so well this year, seeing as how nearly every other person in my department has been ill.  Not even a sniffle.  

So imagine my shock when GUT WRENCHING CRAMPS woke me up at three in the morning, followed by a SPLITTING HEADACHE.  My first thought:  The Flu.  But then I realized that I didn't have any other symptoms and it came on way too fast.  My addled mind shuffled through what it could be, and then I realized that what I was dealing with was a case of food poisoning.  I guess that will teach me to be lazy and have a Banquet frozen dinner instead of cooking for myself...

So I called off work today to have to deal with my issues and compiled a list of what I did during my unplanned day off:

- Caught up on sleep when the GUT WRENCHING CRAMPS and the SPLITTING HEADACHE kept me awake.

- Read Matthew McConaghey's celebrity playlist on iTunes while trying to decide if that song from Slumdog Millionaire was worth 99 cents.

- Watched guys from my condo building spread salt on the ice in the parking lot, which apparently includes the hood of my car.

- Sat around waiting for the mailman to deliver new NetFlix to my place after realizing that even with my massive number of channels there is never anything good on TV.

- Realized I don't like the movie Reality Bites

- Paid my bills so I don't get my power cut off, lose my cellphone, get evicted from my apartment, or lose my Internet service.

- Tried to figure out why someone was using a band saw in the unit next door for a good portion of the day.  If I see several leaky garbage bags I won't be surprised.

- Watched an hour of America's Best Dance Crew on MTV because I couldn't find the remote and didn't want to move off the couch to change the channel.

- Contemplated doing laundry but then realized that tomorrow is Saturday and that's what god invented Saturday's for.

All in all this has been one of the most boring days I have ever lived through.  I missed being at work and it sucks that my plans to go out with my co-workers tonight ain't going to happen since the thought of food makes me kinda gag.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day*.

~ The Office Scribe

*Oh, did I mention I am going to see Dropkick Murphys?  Because I am.  And that HAS to be awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL... I just made a post about sick days