Monday, March 2, 2009

Define “Offensive”…

In our weekly HR Newsletter there was a whole section about dressing properly for the work place. Apparently infractions on the Business Casual code have been running rampant and needs to be shut down immediately. Now I know I have talked about this before but I love the clarity with which they spelled out what is not appropriate workplace attire.

Unacceptable Attire: Monday – Thursday
· Jeans, Shorts, Sweatpants, Athletic Attire
· Sweatshirts, T-shirts
· Athletic Shoes, Work Boots, Flip Flops,
· Stretch pants, Leggings, Short Skirts
· Tank Tops, Halter Tops, Spaghetti Straps
· Hats


Unacceptable Attire: Casual Friday
· Shorts, Short Skirts
· Flip Flops
· Tank Tops, Halter Tops, Spaghetti Straps
· Athletic Attire, Sweatpants
· Offensive T-shirts
· Hats


I look over this list and while most of it is grounded in common sense, I see that with the item if “Offensive t-shirt” we could have some misunderstandings. Don’t get what I mean? Well, let’s turn to the visuals. I am compiled a collection of shirts that offend me.










Disagree and I’ll report you to HR.

~The Office Scribe

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone should wear a shirt that actually says "offensive t-shirt".

Bee said...

NO!! Not Kramer!!

Also um my hubs is a cubs fan. It divides the family since he married into a white sox family.

The Office Scribe said...

Bees, I am a Sox fan too, hence the reason the Cubs shirt is so offensive. (Props to us Chicago people)

Oh, and my parents had a mixed marriage too. My mom is a Cubs fan and my dad a Sox fan.