Thursday, February 5, 2009

Caffeine + Sugar = Life

According to scientists the human body needs a variety of vitamins and minerals in order to sustain life. That is bull. All the human body needs is caffeine and massive amounts of sugar. The massive amounts that can only be obtained on your birthday (yes, it is my birthday) by eating the donuts, bars, and cake that your co-workers bring to you. And I have never been so grateful for this diet as I was today.

Last night I got about 1 hour total of sleep due to a possessed Smoke Detector that consistently reminded me starting at midnight “Low Battery” in a soothing female voice that became increasingly grating as the night, then morning, wore on.

Tonight, after my birthday cocktail hour and dinner, I am looking forward to nothing more than sleep. But what I don’t know is if my management company fixed my Smoke Detector or not, or if I will even be able to sleep tonight.

I’ll let you know in the morning. That is, if the men in white coats haven’t come to take me away.

~The Office Scribe

5 comments:

~Just Me said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Uhmm...why didn't you just take the "low battery" out of the detector to shut it up?

Anonymous said...

How in the world did I miss a post about caffeine? Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I'm with both commenters. Happy belated birthday and why didn't you take the...oh, wait, I've done that too. Never mind. Once I even called my landlord, because I heard this weird sound in the basement until he guided me to the smoke detector. "Ah, thanks," I said (and no, I'm not blonde, no offense intended if you are).

Ora - Looking for Offramp said...

So true! I can get through a day without food but if the caffeine isn't there, forget it. Happy birthday, have a good one.