Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things I Pondered On A Wednesday

- Where the hell is the tape gun? It’s been missing for over a week and there has been no sign of it. I might have to buckle and order a new one.

- There is a small piece of red crepe paper taped to the ceiling above my desk that has been there since we moved in. I wonder what the previous occupants were celebrating. I assume it wasn’t the bankruptcy that drove them from this space.

- Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln were both born on February 12, 1809 which basically makes them twins. And now they are best known for Children’s Construction Toys and Stupidity Awards.

- Work anniversaries depress me. They just make me wonder where the years go. (Note: It is not my anniversary. That is sometime in September.)

- My brain is not properly equipped for the days when I need to work 8:30-4:30.

- Why would anyone put paper towels in a toilet? I can’t think of one possible situation where that is an acceptable act.

- I sometimes think I am the only person in the office who knows how to update the auto text signatures on our e-mails and that is why people from different departments track me down to fix them.

- There was a company wide e-mail sent out by a department supervisor that contained an emoticon. If I were in charge that would be grounds for termination.

- One of the florescent tubes over my desk isn’t fully lit and has been wavering for weeks and I’m starting to think it’s the Matrix trying to communicate with me.

- My caps lock keeps turning on today and it is FREAKING ME OUT.

Is it Thursday yet?

~The Office Scribe

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yes, it is now Thursday. But unfortunately, it's a rerun (so I've been told - I wouldn't really know since I haven't seen any new episode since last year).