Monday, December 8, 2008

It’s Monday, right?

I had a strange weekend. The kind of weekend that leads me to believe that I may or may not have developed a split personality a la Fight Club. It started with me going to a fundraiser at a friends place for African orphans and ended with me watching DVD’s of Buffy the Vampire Slayer until the wee hours of the morning because I couldn’t fall asleep. In between there I baked a loaf of bread (from scratch), bought bathroom rugs for my mom, and tried to figure out where all the produce in my fridge came from.

I’m not really sure to explain the frame of mind I am in right now. You’d think everything would be a bit blurry on the limited amount of sleep I have had in the past three days, but it isn’t. I feel almost hyper-aware of everything in my office. From the artificial brightness of the fluorescent lighting to the hum of the heating system.

I feel like I have slipped into one of the novels I read in the Contemporary European Lit class I took in college. You know the kind with the crazy inner monologues and strange surrealistic interactions between characters.

It’s going to be a long week if everything I do feels like it was written by Camus…

~The Office Scribe

No comments: