Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Frozen Pieces of Commuter Hell

About a week ago we got some snow in Chicago. I wrote about how dissapointed I was that the snow wasn't the horrible event it was supposed to be. Let me state right here that the weather gods must read this because they just decided to unleash snow upon the Chicagoland area with a vengence. I feel like the city is a villian in some sort of Kurosawa film. We have done them injustice and they are fighting back with copious amounts of the white stuff.

I heard on the radio that at one point it was upwards of 5 hours to get from the city out to O'Hare Airport. How much fun must it be to sit on a highway for 5 hours as you inch your way along home? And let's hope none of those people drank a lot of coffee today.

So why am I posting this entry at 6:58 PM on a Tuesday when I should be cursing my drive home and the idiots around me? Easy, I am not at work. Didn't go today. Instead I stayed up at my mom's and helped her decorate for Christmas. And even though I took it as a day off without pay, my mom is paying me my normal hourly salary. Except Uncle Sam doesn't get to take any of it pay corrupt politicians.

So thank you weather Gods, for unleashing Weather-Palooza 2008 on a day when I wasn't there to despise it.

~The Office Scribe

P.S. - To my co-workers that did go into work, bless you. Bless you for picking up my slack, staring at my empty desk, and reading this blog when you were bored.

No comments: