Wednesday, January 9, 2008

DayQuil – How I love thee, let me count the ways

So I know I have mentioned about how I am suffering from an uber-cold. I actually thought I was getting better but I had a relapse last night and now I can’t breathe out of the right side of my nose and I sound like a phone sex operator. I am sure my co-workers really appreciate me coughing like I have “the black lung” and blowing my nose every 15 minutes. But hey, it’s a cold. How much longer can it last? (On second thought, don’t answer that.)

But I am not the only person in my office who is sick. There are a lot of them. I see other people with puffy, watery eyes and I can hear the coughing all around me. So why I am the only one that seems to be doing something about it? I am taking shots (30ml) of DayQuil like every 4 hours, just like the label says to. I do it by the sink in the coffee bar so I can chase it with some double brew and rinse the little cup out before returning to my desk. But it doesn’t seem like anyone else in my office is taking anything.

Why? I wonder. There are wonderful medicines out there that will make you feel better. My personal favorite is the regimen of DayQuil and NyQuil. These orange and green super medicines give me the ability actually get things done during the day instead of just crawling under my fleece blanket and crying because I can’t breathe. And let’s be serious, there is no better sleep than that which is induced by NyQuil. I sleep the dreamless sleep of a thousand homeless people when I am on that stuff.

So the next time a co-worker has the sniffles I think I am just going to put a couple soft gels on their desk 9much neater that a shot of the liquid) and spread the relief from cold and flu season. Maybe they will give me an award.

Happy hacking!

The Office Scribe

No comments: