Monday, January 21, 2008

Current Score: Me – 0, Cold 5

Seriously, I have been sick since January 2. That is nearly three weeks of coughing, sneezing, being too cold, being too hot, more coughing, chills, dizziness, headaches, being thirsty, being too tired to stand, sleeping 10 hours a night, DayQuil/NyQuil, Zycam, Mucinex, Halls, Vick’s and every other medication under the sun.

That is one of the perks of working in an office. Being sick more often than not. And just when you think that you have rid yourself of one cold a co-worker/friend/relative gives you another version.

Someone asked my why I haven’t gone to the doctor yet. Why? So I can have them tell me I have a cold and to get lots of rest and plenty of fluids? There is no cure for the common cold, which quite frankly, pisses me off. We can send men to the moon. We can clone sheep and cows. We can invent pastries that stay fresh for 150 years. But can we develop a shot to make my cold go away? No.

The thing that upsets me the most about being sick is that all I want to do is sleep. Literally crawl under my desk after lunch each day and sleep until I can go home. Yesterday, I slept until about 9 or so, got up, did some laundry, worked on various writing projects, ate dinner and meant to go watch the Green Bay game at a bar with some friends. But after dinner I felt woozy so I laid down, passed out, and woke up somewhere in the middle of Bring It On 3: In It To Win It. (BTW: Thank you ABC Family Channel for making me think I had a stroke. There is nothing more terrifying than waking up in the middle of the failed straight to DVD cheerleading movie which takes place where Anna Nicole Smith died.)

Plus I have been super busy at work and have not actually had the time to read any of my guilty pleasure websites. Anyone out there know what Britney Spears did this weekend? How about Paris? And I heard Sundance started, how did I not know about that?

So my goal this week is to rid myself of this cold once and for all, read as many gossip websites as possible, get all the crap that is sitting in my inbox moved to my out box, and perhaps find some time to get to Best Buy and buy 3:10 to Yuma.

Take that cold!

The Office Scribe

No comments: