And I was doing so well this year, seeing as how nearly every other person in my department has been ill. Not even a sniffle.
So imagine my shock when GUT WRENCHING CRAMPS woke me up at three in the morning, followed by a SPLITTING HEADACHE. My first thought: The Flu. But then I realized that I didn't have any other symptoms and it came on way too fast. My addled mind shuffled through what it could be, and then I realized that what I was dealing with was a case of food poisoning. I guess that will teach me to be lazy and have a Banquet frozen dinner instead of cooking for myself...
So I called off work today to have to deal with my issues and compiled a list of what I did during my unplanned day off:
- Caught up on sleep when the GUT WRENCHING CRAMPS and the SPLITTING HEADACHE kept me awake.
- Read Matthew McConaghey's celebrity playlist on iTunes while trying to decide if that song from Slumdog Millionaire was worth 99 cents.
- Watched guys from my condo building spread salt on the ice in the parking lot, which apparently includes the hood of my car.
- Sat around waiting for the mailman to deliver new NetFlix to my place after realizing that even with my massive number of channels there is never anything good on TV.
- Realized I don't like the movie Reality Bites
- Paid my bills so I don't get my power cut off, lose my cellphone, get evicted from my apartment, or lose my Internet service.
- Tried to figure out why someone was using a band saw in the unit next door for a good portion of the day. If I see several leaky garbage bags I won't be surprised.
- Watched an hour of America's Best Dance Crew on MTV because I couldn't find the remote and didn't want to move off the couch to change the channel.
- Contemplated doing laundry but then realized that tomorrow is Saturday and that's what god invented Saturday's for.
All in all this has been one of the most boring days I have ever lived through. I missed being at work and it sucks that my plans to go out with my co-workers tonight ain't going to happen since the thought of food makes me kinda gag.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day*.
~ The Office Scribe
*Oh, did I mention I am going to see Dropkick Murphys? Because I am. And that HAS to be awesome.