Monday, April 20, 2009

Manic Monday #1

I am stealing the title of one of my favorite songs from the eighties and a concept from some of my favorite blogs and starting a regular feature called “Manic Monday’s. See, my brain is still so often in an addled state from the weekend that I couldn’t possibly come up with something coherent to blog about. So basically every Monday I will record my random thoughts for the day and share them with you, in list form!

Why do we associate the color orange with decaf?

Sometimes I wonder why my vision has gone all wonky and then I realize my glasses are just dirty.

Hot tea does weird things to chewing gum. It makes the gum take on the texture of a dead slug. (Note: I have never eaten a dead slug. Earthworm – yes. Goldfish – yes. Slug – no.)

Yes, I know it’s 4-20 but I can think of any fun, creative jokes to go along with it.

I was on hold with Kitchen Aid today checking on the status of an order and the hold music was “Suicide is Painless” (aka the theme from M.A.S.H.). Good thing they had shipped my mixer because otherwise I would have ended it all.

The Chicago White Sox went on a tour of the White House today because the President is a fan. This inspired me to tell a Cubs fan co-worker of mine that “Sox Fans go to the White House while Cubs Fans go to the Big House (our former governor). This did not make her laugh.

The song “Donald Where’s Your Trousers” has been stuck in my head all day. Luckily I don’t work with anyone named Donald so if I am caught singing it out loud people will just think I am crazy and not sleeping with one of my co-workers.

Today I was asked to add “Crazed Fan Video Maker” to my ever expanding resume by a co-worker because she knows I own a video camera and spent some time in film school. Education – this is what it will get you.

~The Office Scribe

1 comment:

Chris said...

Decaf and orange? My decaf tea is in a green package...