Sunday, April 26, 2009

Calling All Fans Of The Written Word

As a person who holds a degree in Creative Writing I always think it is amazing when someone finishes a book and starts down the road to getting it published.  So when I saw that Diesel who runs Humor-Blogs had written a book and was searching for a publisher or agent or whatever people do once that actually finish a manuscript I thought, "Excellent, someone who wrote something that wasn't associated with James Patterson*".

So if you are interested in learning more about this yet unpublished piece of fiction head over to the website for Mercury Falls and sign the list so he can get this thing published.

Briefcase
Why am I asking you to do this for someone I barely know?

Two reasons:

1) I hope that once I finally get my book (or screenplay or pamphlet or haiku) finished I hope that the fine people of the Internet will help make a success out of it.
2) I don't think it will hurt my rating over at Humor-Blogs.

~ The Office Scribe

* For those of you unfamiliar with the world of popular fiction James Patterson is the author of such gems as "Kiss the Girls" and "Along Came A Spider".  And while I am a fan of his writing (his chapters are like 4-5 pages each) the man somehow manages to publish 2-3 books a year and co-author as many more.  He must have a warehouse full of monkey's typing in order to produce that much work.

I wonder if he rents them out...

1 comment:

brookeamanda said...

I just added the Mercury Falls badge to both my blogs, too. I think all bloggers should stick together and be supportive of each other's work for the reasons you listed. After all, aren't we all writing a book?