Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Balloons May Be Evil...

As part of a way to get everyone in the office to know their co-workers better the Fun Committee, of which I am a member, decided to do a little forced Meet and Greet.  Each employee was given a balloon with another co-workers name on it and they were supposed to find that person and introduce themselves.

Most of the people I heard from thought it was a really cute idea and they likes getting to meet people that weren't in their department.  Points for the FC, always a good thing.

But then a few co-workers started to inform me of the darker side of the balloon exchange.

- Apparently one obnoxiously crabby person came in, saw the balloon on their desk and popped, never giving it to the person they were supposed to.

- Someone on the other side of the building didn't give the balloon away because she was, and I quote, "scared of those people from the other side."  May I mention that I am one of these people?

- There was a piece of candy attached to each balloon as a weight.  Some people were keeping the candy and just giving the balloon away.

Seriously, sometimes I feel like I work with a bunch of pre-schoolers.

At least this group is potty trained.

I think...

~ The Office Scribe


No comments: