Each year we as employees are given a choice: Take Good Friday off as a paid holiday or work Good Friday and get another paid day off during another time of the year.
Since I never have any special Good Friday plans I always opt to work. My logic is why take a gloomy (Good Friday is always gloomy, ask Jesus) day off when I can work and then take a nice, sunny spring day off and go and visit the monkeys at the zoo?
So even though today might be the most mind-numbingly boring work days on the calendar (since every other person on the planet has it off) it has had its perks:
- My VP bought us all pizza for lunch. And no day, no matter how crappy it is, can’t be made a little brighter with a slice of pizza.
- There was NO LINE AT STARBUCKS this morning. Which means I got my Iced Venti Quad Non-Fat Latte in 7 minutes as opposed to the normal 15…
- Again, since no one else is working I was able to park in a spot only three away from the door, even though I started at ten which usually means I am parking in a spot closer to the office building next door
- I’m headed to my aunt’s house this evening to participate in one of the oddest holiday traditions aside from decorating dead foliage and encouraging children to take candy from strangers; egg decorating.
- Tomorrow night is the annual television broadcast of “The Ten Commandments” and I am trying to figure out all of the rules for the drinking game that accompanies it.
So to those of you who are like me and are part of the .0002% of the population that are stuck working, don’t fret, it could be worse.
You could be working at a job where you are abducted by pirates. And I don’t mean the hot Disney ride inspired kind…
~ The Office Scribe
"If it's not your butt, don't touch it"
3 months ago