Friday, April 16, 2010

Sign Of The Apocalypse

Is it just me, or has the world gone a bit wonky?

It all started a few months back, or whenever it was, when massive floods ravaged the town at the base of Machu Picchu, preventing anyone from visiting this iconic landmark. (If you didn't know, I work in international travel and as you can imagine, this provided us with some issues at my office.)

Next I awoke in the middle of the night to hear the dishes rattling in my cabinet as an earthquake shook the midwest.

Then a few days ago a volcano, which has been spewing stuff for months, decides to shut down 90% of the air traffic over Europe by sending giant plumes of ash into the sky which can be seen from space.

Sure, there have been a lot of doomsday signs lately, but nothing like what occurred today.

An e-mail was sent out today wondering if anyone wanted to order lunch from Jimmy Johns...

AND NO ONE DID!

People, I would suggest praying to your gods or lighting a candle or slaughtering a goat because things can not get any weirder than this.

~ The Office Scribe

*That isn't to say I didn't each lunch today.  Actually, I was in the mood for soup so I ran to Panera.  Now normally, I am all about the Cream of Chicken Wild Rice, but that is only served on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.  So I had decided to get Broccoli Cheese.  But when I got to the counter THEY HAD CREAM OF CHICKEN AND WILD RICE.

Another sign of the apocalypse? 

You decide.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wonky!! You used Adi's word! LOL!
Yeh, and so many people are stranded because of the volcano...must be putting a crimp in the travel plans for everyone you deal with.

Pat said...

Does kinda make you wonder, doesn't it? I was teetering on the edge there, but when you said about the soup at Panera's, well, right there that was proof that doomsday was near! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hope the "hassle-factor" isn't too great a work. What a MESS !!
The hubs and I have talked about this a lot. My personal opinion is that the world is going to be flying apart in the not too distant future, but we won't know it 'cause, well, the world is going to be flying apart!
--Coopah
https://crazydbashorttrip.wordpress.com/

Cheeseboy said...

Probably no one wanted to get all that volcanic ash on them or get stuck in traffic during a hurricane.

But soup does sound better.