Monday, April 12, 2010

Manic Monday #28

MISSING!!!
One pair of prescription glasses with just enough oomph to prevent eye strain from staring at a computer screen all day long.  Last seen, um, I think at work on Friday.  This morning all I could find was the empty metal casket I use as a glasses case (yeah...I am scary).  They are about 11 years old so I probably need new ones anyway (or I guess I could go to Walgreen's and get cheaters) but that is beside the point.  

Where the hell are my glasses???

Okay, even if you aren't from Chicago I am sure you have heard of Portillo's. (I think they even have some of them out in the LA area now for all the ex-pats.)  Anywho, they are known for their hotdogs and their Italian beef.  But I have also discovered that they should be known for their ice.  I bought a large iced tea at 12:30 p.m. and there was still ice left in the cup at 7:00 p.m. when I got home.  And not little flimsy pieces. Actual chunks of ice.  I didn't know if I should be impressed or scared.

Seriously, to the person who put the World's Finest Chocolates with Almonds (and I know you read this) in the candy dish - I hate you.  And here I thought my kryptonite were Tootsie Rolls.

I can't tell if people at work are getting sick or if it's allergies.  Either way I think I will start wearing a HazMat suite to work tomorrow.  There is nothing worse than being sick when it is nice outside.

~ The Office Scribe

4 comments:

Unfinished Rambler said...

How many fingers am I holding up? If you guessed one, you'd be right. :)

Never heard of Portillo's. I've heard of portabellos, though.

I agree with you about the allergies. Ugh. Unfortunately, I haven't found how to wear a HazMat suit that will prevent the allergies that I carry.

Ed said...

Stealing eye glasses=NOT COOL

Whats next? Seeing eye dogs?

The Office Scribe said...

UR - Should you ever come to Chicago I will bring you to a Portillos

Ed - I think they would go for my cane first. The white tip attracts an unsavory element.

Pat said...

Aaahhh, Portillos. The best hot dogs around. Miss it.

I'd be totally blind without my glasses. I feel your pain.