Monday, March 29, 2010

Manic Monday #26

Can someone help me out and tell me, in Polish, how to say "I'm sorry cleaning lady, but I think you have me confused with another coworker who speaks Polish since I can't understand what you are saying."  I'll trade you a "Sorry guy who cleans the parking lot.  I speak Spanish and I am pretty sure you aren't speaking it."

I was so hungry at lunch today that even though the center of my leftover pot roast was still crunchy with ice I ate it.  Short lunch breaks are the enemy of hot lunches.

Major perk of working in a company where people travel to foreign destinations on a regular basis?  You never know what may turn up in your candy dish.  I did a Google search on whatever was in there today and got zero hits.  Did I dare to eat something that even Google doesn't know about? Hell yes.

In my office yellow sweater + black pants = bee comments.

~ The Office Scribe

7 comments:

Ed said...

Guy rule #1...Never eat something that you don't know what it is or where it's been. Unless she asks nicely.

The Office Scribe said...

Oh Ed, your wife is such a lucky woman...

(And as it turns out, the weird candy was domestic - which makes it even scarier)

Anonymous said...

But the real question is was the "candy" good, not so good or deplorable?

Unknown said...

Polish is really a very simple language. Most people do not know this, but the Polish equivalent of any American word is simply the American word followed by either "-ovich" or "-dostnoy", depending on the words gender connotation. It also helps to speak very loudly, although outright yelling is considered offensive in some parts of the country.

Ducky said...

Hmmm...bee comments give you the right to pull out your stinger, right?

kate sweeten said...

I got an 11 minute lunch break today and actually had my boss come in to the break room to tell me that I had been away from my desk for too long...I don't even remember what a "hot lunch" is anymore.

Rachel said...

Oh kay, so your comment about Polish totally made me think of a recent Jen Lancaster entry. I laughed so hard reading this. Hopefully you wil too.

http://www.jennsylvania.com/jennsylvania/2010/03/whats-the-polish-word-for-dumbass.html

Also, she's from Chicago. What's with all the Polish in Chicago?

Enjoy!