Monday, March 15, 2010

Manic Monday #24

Okay people, I am still alive.  You can stop walking through the cornfields with bloodhounds looking for me.  You can stop scouring the sky with the aid of a zeppelin looking for me.  You can stop having divers check that retention pond behind the housing development where that weird kid leaves.

As it turns out, the only downfall about writing a blog about work is that, sometimes, work has you so busy and stressed out that the last thing you want to do when you get home from work is write about work.

But fret not - I am back this week.  Work be damned!  I am a blogger and so I shall blog!

Now back to your show, already in progress... Manic Monday #24

You know how you know it's officially spring?  When you wander out to your living room in pants and a bra, completely forgetting that you left one section of your blinds open, only to find one of the grounds guys out on your patio with a leaf blower.  Nothing like starting your week off with a peep show for the landscapers!

Similar to a lightbulb question: How many office employees does it take to correct an auto text?  Answer:  Waaayyyy too many.  This is why we should never upgrade anything in the office.  I'm starting a movement to bring back typewriters and those photocopier things like they used in the movie Animal House.

I took 8 years of Spanish because my dad promised me a trip to any Spanish speaking country I wanted to go to.  I did not actually expect to be using it in the workplace....

The key to making the day go faster is to head off campus for lunch.  Seriously, you leave at 2:00 PM to get a salad and half a Sierra Turkey from Panera and the day just FLIES by.

It freaks me out when someone calls me on the phone and because they sit so close to me, I can hear them on the phone and from where they are in their cubicle.  It's like I am listening to 2 separate conversations and I always end up being confused.  Which them makes me sounds like a 'tard on the phone which leads to my coworkers thinking less of me.  And that's just not cool.

~ The Office Scribe

4 comments:

Travis said...

Listen.

I'm a fan of any post that has peeping.

That's right. I'm a pervert.

Ed said...

Hahahaha.

That Spanish in the workplace thing made me laugh.

Actually, the whole post did.

The Office Scribe said...

Aww, Trav, Ed - my two fav male bloggers...

You two dips are going to miss me when I am not in St. Louis because you picked one of the few weekends I already have a commitment for. (Seriously, do you know how hard it was to get tickets to Disney on Ice?)

Wynn said...

Why are people calling you when they sit close enough for you to hear them? Too hard to get up and walk around? Office people need movement too!