Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Perfect Game

Sometimes I think I have super powers.  Nothing that would ever aid me from saving someone from the evil clutches of a villain, but they are the powers I was blessed with none the less.

Currently my favorite is the ability to know when I have recieved a text message even when my phone is on silent on in my bag.  I generally know I have a message within 10 minutes of getting it.  Of course, some might say that this is because I am constantly checking the time on my phone since I no longer believe in watches, but I saw whatever.

Today's texts were about Mark Burhle pitching a perfect game.  See, my friends know I am a White Sox fan and they also know that when a person works in an office baseball games aren't priority #1 (most likely due to the lake of televisions with cable access).  

At first I was super excited when I heard about it and went and told all my fellow Sox fans in the office.  But then I started thinking - "How many other people can claim to have a perfect day at their job?"

My guess: Not many.

I know I have had some pretty good days at my jobs throughout the years, but I don't think I have ever had a perfect one.  Aside from baseball I don't think I know of any profession that can ever be labeled "perfect".  There is always something that is going to happen during the day to make you awesome day a little less awesome.

But I guess that is why they call it work.  

~ The Office Scribe


No comments: