Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today is my Friday

Ahh, the perfection that is a short week. Knowing that you don’t have to spend a full five days in the office can be a wonderful thing. Truly relaxing.

Except that I am pretty sure that since I knew I was only going to be in the office two days this week my brain didn’t even bother showing up on Monday. I have been the laziest, most unproductive person that I have ever been. But rather than let it bug me, I have decided to embrace this and run with it.

What I have done today:
- Brought in cupcakes. (If you bring in sugar you co-workers will (a) forgive the fact that you haven’t done anything and (b) with everyone stopping at your desk for the cupcakes it makes you look much busier than you actually are.)
- Talked to my mom on the phone.
- Made a cup of tea
- Had lunch (Special of the day: Chicken and Beef fajitas from the café downstairs. Ole!)
- Spent two hours browsing the website Passive Aggressive Notes
- Cleaned up my e-mail folders (while I know this was kind of productive, let me say that 75% of my e-mails are from other co-workers about non-work related things. Our fav topic right now, finding ugly wedding dresses and e-mailing pics of them to each other.)
- Recorded my co-workers voicemail for her (I have a very professional tone)

And that is about it. I haven’t spoken with a single client, sent one productive e-mail, or done anything other than try to look busy.

Which makes me pray that this economy picks up soon because I don’t know how much more of this I can take.

~The Office Scribe

No comments: