Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sunrise. Sunset. (All In The Span on 20 Minutes)

Let it be known - I am not a morning person.  Never have been, never will be.  My parents were both early risers.  Me, I'm a night owl.  But since my office doesn't have a third shift, I have to get up in the morning, earlier than I would like, to make it to the office on time.

This morning started out like any other.  My alarm went off, and after hitting the snooze 4 or 5 times, I knew I had to get up.  So I opened my blinds to see that it was like outside (because I don't trust weathermen) and it was sunny.  I go about getting ready for work, splash some water on my face, brush the  teeth, try and find socks that match.

About 20 minutes later I walk past my blinds again, stop, back up, and look out into what I can only assume to be the sky at 8 o'clock PM.  It was so dark outside that the lights in front of my building has come back on.

Had I fallen asleep?  Did I pull a Rip Van Winkle and end up sleeping away time after a good game on 9 pins*?

Nope.  As it turns out, there was a major front moving through which ended up dumping some rain on us, just as I left the apartment for work.

Maybe I should start listening to the weather report in the morning...

~ The Office Scribe

* I would act all superior about the literary reference I just dropped on y'all, but I like you guys, so I have to be honest.  The only reason I knew about the 9 pins thing in Rip Van Winkle was from an episode of "Wishbone".  God, whatever happened to that wise, book-reading Jack Russel?

1 comment:

flying eagle woman said...

I love this post, I'm not an early morning riser either...however this morning I tried to make my day start with "commercial worthy" tea in a flowered cup as I gazed out the window to watch the sun rise over the wheat scented dewy day...
WHATEVER...STILL got to work 15 minutes late!