Monday, October 25, 2010

Manic Monday #39

I take one little week off of work and when I come back I find that two major changes have occurred. First, the construction which made my commute miserable IS OVER!!!  And second, when I leave the office now it is DARK.  I guess I can't win at everything.

Coworkers kept asking if I was okay because it looked like I was crying.  I tried telling them it was because I was overwhelmed with emotion upon seeing them after having the week off.  They weren't buying it.  I was then forced to explain that the moment I entered my county yesterday my allergies decided to kick in.  Not nearly as impressive.

My stapler must have read my blog (or one of you talked!) because it decided to end it all today.  In the middle of stapling three pages, it became so jammed up that I wasn't able to fix it.  The family has requested that in lieu of flowers that donations be made to the "Buy The Office Scribe A New Stapler Fund".

Where the hell did all my paperclips go?

This may be the last blog post ever because there is a weather rumor that something called the Great Lake Cyclone is said to hit Chicago with hurricane force winds today.  So there is a chance I might be swept away to the magical land of Oz.  But hey, maybe the Wizard finally got around to installing WiFi in the Emerald City.  Then I could blog each day about the Horse of a Different Color!

~ The Office Scribe

2 comments:

Ed said...

We survived, so I'm pretty sure you did too.

Pat said...

I just came from Kansas, visited "Dorothy's House" and the Land of Oz, in Liberal, and it was no great shakes, so stay in Chi-town. Besides, I'm from the Chicagoland area and I think it's GREAT!