Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Manic Monday #14

My ensemble today consisted one of those long sweat jackets that have a belt.  Not because I think they look trendy but because they are basically the only thing I can wear to the office which looks and feels like a bathrobe without actually being in a bathroom.

I walked past a co-workers desk today and saw a little plaque hanging that said "How can I think outside the box when I work in a cubicle?"  I love when people have sayings that are just thinly veiled ways of saying "Sometimes I hate my job" hanging by their desk.  But of course, that is so not what my "You're no good unless you are a good assistant; and if you are, you're too good to be an assistant" (Martin Fischer) doesn't mean that at all... My mom gave it to me, I swear.

If anyone calls me when I am not in the office I apologize for the voicemail message.  It seems that the fancy phone system hates me and won't stop putting my "Out of Office" message on.  But trust me, I am at work. One day I'll figure out how to make it stop saying I am out and will return on September 10.  Hopefully by June 2010.

In the midst of talking to a co-worker today I noticed that I was losing my voice.  I assumed this was because I was drinking and *around* people with cigars and cigarettes this weekend.  But sadly, as I drove home, I started to noticed that my eyes were watery and I was coughing.  That's right people.  I think I just got my first cold of the season.  Can I blame Swine Flu or is that passe now?

I have a plan to convert one of the conference rooms into a stress relief room since everyone is under so much stress at work.  Now in your mind you may be picturing it like a spa, where people can smell some aromatherapy and relax.  But let's face it, that is not the best way to relax.  What is?  A ball pit.  No one has ever felt stressed while in a ball pit.  (Unless your parents put you in there when you were too small and you just sunk to the bottom.  Then I guess 4 feet of plastic balls would freak you out.  For those people I might suggest something else.  Lazer tag.

~ The Office Scribe

4 comments:

Ed said...

Love the ball pit. Don't know where you'll find all those guys willing to let you jump on theirs, though.

carissajaded said...

I have to admit I loved the ball pit, until rumors started spreading that people were putting AIDS needles at the bottom of them. Nonetheless, i have to agree that a ball pit would be a pretty awesome way to relax at work. As long as it was a ball pit that allowed you to smoke cigarettes. ahhhh heaven.

Anonymous said...

My bosses boss has a plaque on her office door that says "I'm just working here until a good fast food job opens up."

Anonymous said...

OMG if there was a ball pit at my office job I would SO be in there all day.... you just might be on to something!!