Thursday, September 24, 2009

There's Always That

Work has been really stressful lately.  People are working their butts off.  You can see it on everyone's face.

I was running from the mailroom past the elevators and saw someone from a different department.  I said "Ever feel like a chicken running around with your head cut off?"

She looks at me and says "I dropped my card pass down the elevator today."

I lost it.  Within seconds we were both laughing.

Sometimes a good giggle brought on by the misfortune of other co-workers can make the day go a little better.

~ The Office Scribe

4 comments:

Ed said...

That's real!

And...I find it funny you said that by looking at their faces you could tell they worked their asses off.

That expression is now called "Assless Face".

Funny Questions said...

Looking Funny

Unknown said...

Once, working very late on the 10th floor, I dropped my car keys down the elevator shaft. The maintenance dude who recovered them for me kept muttering something about "idiots in three piece suits." FML

Leeuna said...

Hahah. I get the giggles whenever I get really tired. I think it's nature's way of preserving one's sanity.