Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ways To Annoy Your CoWorkers #1 - The Sound of Music

Hi!  Welcome to a new segment here at Asleep Under My Desk that I like to call "Ways To Annoy Your CoWorkers!"  On today's episode I feature a classic way to drive your coworkers crazy.

I call it - The Sound of Music.

Step One - Patience is key, because you can't instigate Step One; You have to wait for someone else to do it.  Basically, just sit around and wait for someone in your office to ask you for help*.

Step Two - Approach them with zeal and ask how you can be of assistance.

Step Three - Listen to their problem and tell them everything they did was wrong. And that they'll have to start over.

Step Four - Hopefully they will reply with something along the lines of "Well where do I start?"

Step Five - Reply "Start at the very beginning.  A very good place to start."

Step Six - Wait for them, or someone in earshot to chime in with "When you read you begin with A B C".

Step Seven - Reply "When you sing you begin with Do Re Mi!"

Then sit back and listen to your coworkers curse, as you have now implanted one of the catchiest tunes in their head.  It will be with them all day.  Later you'll hear them humming under their breath "And that will bring us back to Do Do Do" or discussing what ethnic accent someone pronounces "far" as "FA" in.

But complete success will come if you catch someone singing "Favorite Things" which means you not only planted a song, but an entire musical.

I'll be honest, it tends to work better on girls, but it's also a fun way to discover who the closer musical fans are.

~ The Office Scribe

* If you are the type of person no one ever asks help from, I think you had better stop trying to find ways to annoy your coworkers and try harder at your job...

3 comments:

Ed said...

I would try this, but I'm a dude.

Plus, coming from a manly man such as me, it might be hard to swallow. (TWHS)

But, you know what they say..."A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down."

The Office Scribe said...

Oh Ed...

dadadadio said...

I'm a whistler. I have the capability to annoy coworkers if I choose to use it. I implant old television theme songs in their minds. I whistle My Three Sons, Andy Griffith, Hogan's Heroes, I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan.

I have a 100% success rate of making someone in the shop take up that tune.

You might be too young to know those theme songs.

Have you ever tried to whistle Barney Miller?