Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm Outta Here!*

I was sitting at my desk today and the little yellow Outlook envelope popped up to let me know that I had a new message.

-----Original Message-----
From: BCL [mailto:bcl@bristishcharitylottery.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:21 PM
Subject: Yours!



Your E-mail won 500,000.00GBP from BCL draws. Send your name? Address?
Mobile no? Country? State? Occupation? Age? To bcl.claims@live.com

So I do the logical thing - I immediately message a coworker and tell him I am quitting my job because I just won a ton of money in a lottery I never bought a ticket for.

His response - You too?

Damn!  Apparently everyone in my office got the e-mail, which means we are all uber rich.

It's not fun unless it's special.

~  The Office Scribe

* Obviously I did not quit my job.  That would be retarded.  Have you see gas prices?  I'd be able to drive a block and then I'd have to live out of my car on the corner and someone would make a documentary about me that would win them an Oscar and me a few extra nickels in my used Starbucks cup.

No comments: