Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Manic Monday #32

I totally had this all set to publish yesterday, but then the weather gods decided to rain down more, well rain, on the Chicagoland area and when there is lightning, I unplug my computer so it doesn't fry in a power surge. But Office Scribe, don't you have a Mac Powerbook?  Yes, I in fact do, but since the battery doesn't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes my laptop is actually more like a portable desktop.  But I am taking donations for a new computer if anyone is interested...

I got on the elevator yesterday, because I was feeling lazy, and the guy getting off the elevator had hazelnut coffee.  How did I know?  Because the entire car smelled liked a jar of Nutella.  Which of course, I didn't complain about.  But it got me thinking about dudes drinking coffee with flavors in them and if they ever question their masculinity while sipping them...

I took off an extra half hour to run an errand around noon yesterday and realized that school needs to start ASAP.  My errands, which should have been brief, took twice as long because of all the teens out driving around for no reason and the moms hauling their kids to their activities.  The older I get the the more I become a fan of year round schooling.

My mom brought me some plantain chips on Sunday, so I brought them to work yesterday to munch on.  For those of you who have never had a plantain chip, I suggest you hit up your nearest ethnic grocer and find some, because they are delicious.  And no, they are not like a banana chip.  I don't like those but I could live on plantain chips.

Like most offices, mine has a drop ceiling with those fin white tiles with that pencils stick in so well (not like I am flinging pencils at the ceiling, I gave that up in college).  But I noticed a large brown stain on one of them in another department and I can't tell if someone on the floor above spilled a large amount of coffee or if someone in my office threw a large amount in anger.

Speaking of spilled coffee, when I left yesterday I noticed in the stairwell a large splash of coffee up against the wall on the floor below us.  Perhaps people are flinging coffee in anger.  It's the newest wave in "office rage".  I just hope these angry individuals are smart enough to use the cheap stuff in the pots here and not a pricey latte.

~ The Office Scribe

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your Mac has problems? I thought they were flawless.

Did the ceiling tile smell like Hazelnuts too? If so, you just came full circle.

Ed said...

Everytime I read these Monday Manic posts, I get reminded of the movie office Space.

The Office Scribe said...

My Mac is flawless - the battery is not.

No, I did not smell the ceiling.

And I have always wanted to guy a fish on my desk, just to see people's reactions. Do you think it would go over well?

BTW - Smart move Andrew, deleting your double post. Now people won't think poorly of you, except I just outed you. Oops, my bad.

Unknown said...

Dudes sipping "flavored" coffee really torque Dennis Leary's ... ummm, sensibilities. Search for Dennis and Coffee Flavored Coffee for a good LOL - Harold

Unknown said...

And can someone please explain to me why Denis Leary is "Denis" with just one "n"??? Why is that?

The Office Scribe said...

Because he's an ASSHOLE!!!

A-S-S-H-O-L-E

(God I love that song... They play it at trivia all the time!)

abendkleid said...

These is really one of the great post which you can share with us. In all these there are so many different functionality will be available. I just hope these angry individuals are smart enough to use the cheap stuff in the pots here and not a pricey latte.