Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Epic Umbrella Fail

Dear Guy In The Silver Car,

Yeah, I am talking to you.  I know you saw me this morning, and I feel the need to explain what was happening.  As you probably noticed, it has been raining a lot lately.  We've had more rainfall this week than the annual precipitation of the Amazon.  So of course I was smart and decided to bring and umbrella with me to the office, in order to protect my clothes and hair from unnecessary dampness.

It is a common practice to start to open your umbrella as you exit your vehicle.  Those with smooth moves or who used to be ninjas can execute this in one flawless maneuver.  Well, since it was about 8:20 in the morning, I hadn't had my coffee and I wasn't raised by Mr. Miagi, my exit was a little less graceful.  The umbrella exploded out of my car and got stuck in the door, which is why I was struggling as I was.

And while I must have looked like a total spaz, I would like to point out that you didn't come to my rescue. You didn't play the part of the White Knight to my damsel.

Hmm, while I started out writing this as an apology for my actions this morning, I now realize you had a bigger fail than I did.

Shame sir, shame on you.  Next time come to the end of the un-caffeinated and lend a lady a hand.

~ The Office Scribe

4 comments:

Nine Mile said...

BWah Ha Ha!
Sorry - the imagery...
Don't be embarrassed for his sake, he should have helped. I can laugh because I would have. I'd probably be laughing throughout, but I'd have helped. So I guess I'd have earned it? I wonder how one would practice ninja umbrella skills... you know, for the future.

The Office Scribe said...

I think it's like that montage in "Kill Bill 2" where you run up and down stairs a lot while opening and closing an umbrella.

Nine Mile said...

Lolz, I just watched Kill Bill last night while cleaning up for my dd's birthday party this weekend.

Awesome- now I've got the 5,6,7,8's stuck in my head again - this would of course be the perfect workout song.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe5ays_the-5678s-woo-hoo-kill-bill-bo_music

Nine Mile said...

Now, imagine that workout three times fast.