Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I think we're going to need a bigger boat...Or why my mouse reminds me of a scene from Jaws

Jaws has to be one of my all time favorite movies. I mean, how can you not love a movie about a giant shark that eats people? (Okay, strike that. I saw "Deep Blue Sea" and did not love that movie.)

So I was sitting in my cubicle today when I hear this slow clicking noise.

click ( pause ) click ( pause ) click ( pause ) click ( pause ) click

And then it goes a little faster.

click ( pause ) click ( pause ) click ( pause ) click ( pause ) click

And then it whirs to life

click click click click clickclickclickCLICKCLICKCLICK

It's then that I realize it's my co-workers mouse. That funny little wheel in the middle that we all use to scroll around webpages.

And it sounds just like the fishing line going out when Quint first hooks the shark in Jaws. And now I can't get the visual of my co-worker snagging a Great White in their cubicle out of my head.

~The Office Scribe

No comments: