Thursday, March 20, 2008

To Work Or Not To Work, That Is The Question

My company does not close often.  Major holidays, sure, but other than that we are all about work.  Sitting in our happy little cubicles, pounding the keyboards, chugging more caffeine than the human body can handle.

But this Friday is an interesting thing.  As many of you know, it's Good Friday and most normal offices are closed.  But at my office we had a choice.  It's what's called a half-staff day.  You have your choice if you want to work or not.  If you don't work, it's a paid holiday.  If you work, you get another vacation day to take at another time.

Personally, I always work Good Friday.  How many people actually do something that day?  And who in their right mind would rather take a Friday off in March than wait for a gorgeous weekend during the summer to have a long weekend?

Well, I'm starting to rethink my choice.  The weathermen are predicting 4-10 inches of snow tomorrow.  WHAT THE HELL MAN?  It's March 21st.  Where's my global warming?  Al Gore lied to me, and because of that I am going to have to get up at 6:30am and shovel my car out of snow, drive to work, and repeat it in reverse at the end of the day while some of my co-workers get to snuggle in and sleep until whenever.

I hate you Al Gore, I really do.

No comments: