Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Good Deeds From 9 to 5

There is a catalog we have at work where you can order livestock and farming supplies for third world countries.  A few months back the Fun Committee sold raffle tickets, raise $500 and bought a cow.  I thought this was awesome.  

So we decided to do it again.  Some people wanted to buy another cow.  I like to mix it up a bit so I looked through the catalog and found the coolest thing in there.  A pond.  A earthen pond that they would fill with Tilapia for people to raise, eat and sell.

So today we held a used book sale.  For the past few weeks employees have been donating books to sell at the sale.  I think when I left work today we had already sold $200 in books.  How cool is that?

I know my dad is smiling down, laughing because now poor people will get to enjoy his favorite past time: fishing.

So if anyone is looking for a good way to raise some funds for a good cause, try a book sale.  It really worked!!!

The Office Scribe

No comments: