It seems like almost every other day we get e-mails at my office in regards to one of our foreign offices being closed from some reason or another. Most of the time, these are holidays I have never heard of. I sometimes think that they are making things up to have a few days off and dupe the American head of the company.
But finally, finally we have a few days off. The e-mail went out to the company as a whole and it made me smile. So while I am in a good mood, here is a list of things that I am thankful for, in regards to work, of course.
- My location, which is close enough to a window that I can see the weather outside, far enough away from my supervisors office so I don't feel like I am being watched, and only a hop, skip and a jump to the fire exit on the rare occasion we have fire drills.
- The coffee pot with the duct tape on the handle. New people need to be informed of the black death that dwells in this pot. The tape is an indication to whomever is making coffee that instead of one packet of year old ground coffee, this pot gets two (or three depending on who is making it). It is a godsend on a Monday morning.
- Casual Fridays because I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal
- My flat panal monitor which I have positioned so I don't have to stare at the back of my co-workers head.
- The David Hasselhoff Walrus that perches on my tape
- My co-workers shared love of all things edible. No matter what department you walk into, someone has food to satiate those 2:30 munchies
- My penguin water dispenser, which holds all eight glasses of water a person is suppose to drink a day and has been the envy of my office since the day I got it a month ago.
- T-pins. They are the only sharp object short of a drywall screw that will hold a scrap of paper to our cubicle walls.
- Pledge Multi-Surface, which lets me spray eveything on my desk at once without a care in the world.
- My Jim Thome Bobblehead - He keeps watch over all the other randomness on my desk. Because, seriously, sometimes I don't trust my green army men.
- And finally my co-workers. Without whom I would be without a place to vent and complain about horrible clients and, also, without whom I wouldn't have anything to complain about to my clients.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
The Office Scribe