So naturally that means within 5 minutes of the invite going out, people were gathered around my desk, looking for answers.
Quite a few people assume I know everything, because, well, I tell them I do. But in the rare instance when I don't know something (like the topic of the meeting) I just tend to make things up.
So here are some fun rumors I attempted to float around the office, as to the purpose of the meeting:
- HR has decided we needed to wear uniforms. Jumpers for everyone!
- All the coffee is being replaced with Red Bull (sans vodka)
- Promotions are now going to be determined "Hunger Games**" style
- Jelly beans have been declared the new currency of the realm (both Starburst and Jelly Belly)
- This years company summer outing is being held at a Leaps & Bounds
- The entire office is moving to the basement of the Alamo
- I'm being named Vice President of Sarcasm
- Mandatory office participation in Locks of Love
Seriously, my coworkers should know better than to ask me.
~ The Office Scribe
* Turns out, it was nothing bad. People were freaking out about nothing.
** If you haven't been forced to read this book by your pre-teen or a book club, go out and read it anyway. Nothing like a bunch of kids killing each other to win a childrens literary award!