Monday, November 16, 2009

Manic Monday #17

Got to work this morning and completely forgot I had switched hours with another colleague.  Instead of working the 9-5 shift I showed up at 10 as usual.  I should not be held responsible for remembering anything on Monday mornings.  My boss should be happy I actually remembered to change out of my pajama pants.

Yesterday I went and saw "The Addams Family" musical which is playing in Chicago before it heads to the Big Apple.  Anyway, Nathan Lane plays Gomez Addams.  On the way home from the show my mom and I were discussing his career.  Since then, I have had "Hakuna Matata" stuck in my head.  (BTW - The show was amazing and the sets stellar!  Yes, I admit it.  I am a theater nerd.)

Someone asked me why I was clutching a strand of rosary beads the other day.  Perhaps it was because I was having a bad day.  Or because I thought the power of prayer may fix things, like the copier that hates me.  Or perhaps it was just the strand of green Mardis Gras beads I play with at my desk because I have the attention span of a cat.

Today we not only had one WORD OF THE DAY we had TWO WORDS OF THE DAY.  Word number one was PHARONIC as in, pertaining to the Pharoahs.  Number two was PROSELYTIZE as in, converting someone to your faith.  Both were used in the same e-mail.  Don't you wish you had a swanky vocab like the people in my office?

The phone system does this thing where it logs you off after two hours of inactivity (something about rebooting or whatever.  IT told me why but I didn't understand)  A good measure of how busy or how slow a day is, is by measuring how often your phone logs you off.  I am pretty sure I would have won some sort of record today if it hadn't been for my mom calling me to talk about prisoners at Gitmo and religious cults.  Yeah, we have awesome conversations.  I promise to write a post about the cult conversation because it was deep, insightful, and made me laugh so hard I almost peed at my desk.

~ The Office Scribe

No comments: