Sunday, May 18, 2008

Kids - Those Lucky Bastards

I have been really busy lately.  This has been the first weekend where I have been home both Saturday and Sunday in over two months.  A lot of time has been spent at my moms, helping her get ready for a garage sale and getting her house in order.  And then on top of that there's work, softball, and the little social life I can squeeze in here and there.

Which is why I am mad that all the little children will soon be released into society as the school year comes to an end.  Sure, I remember being young and loved having my summers free, but that all stopped once I got a job.  And now I am jealous of all the kids that will have 2-3 months of doing nothing except crowing public places, running around stores, and generally adding 10 minutes to my commute time as mommy drops them off somewhere because she doesn't want them at home with her all day.

So I guess what I am saying is that we have a whole untapped work force out there.  No, I don't mean sit kids down in cubicles and make them balance books.  But it would be nice if you parents out there took them to a park and made them pick up some litter.  You know, not let them just sit in the house and play video games.

Because if I have to work then everyone should have to.

The Office Scribe

No comments: