Monday, May 17, 2010

Manic Monday #29

High fives all around to everyone who guessed "C" in the poll last week.  Chances are, whenever you ask me a question, my answer is going to contain a reference to a film and/or television show.

I don't feel sick or anything, but I felt feverish.  So the only logical conclusion I could some to was that for about 4-5 hours today I was on the brink of spontaneously combusting.  I told a co-worker if they saw a blinding flash followed by the smell of burnt hair to not panic and simply call a tabloid so someone could make some money off my crispy self.

Like many Monday mornings, I drove straight in from my mom's house. But since every single major road in northern Illinois is under construction, I took a lot of the back roads.  And I learned something about these back roads - they like to hide their Starbucks.  How can I possibly get a latte if you put your signs behind trees or tuck yourselves in the corners of strip malls?  Hell, I was almost to my office before I found one I could see before I passed it.

Kudos to the coworker who brought in the kolachkys today.  And thank you for bringing my in my favorite flavor - red.

The greatest invention on Monday mornings is the button on your phone labeled "Make Busy".  That way, you can trick people into thinking you aren't there are you process all the messages and e-mails that came in over the weekend. (Which also proves no one takes weekends off anymore.)

~ The Office Scribe


2 comments:

Ed said...

You make me want everyday to be Monday.

Or that I at least liked Starbucks.

One or the other.

Pat said...

re: feeling feverish. I call them "hot flashes". :)

Today is hump day. Smile.