Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Some Things Never Change

Greetings from me, who I know has been away for a while, but is back and sitting in my cubicle, waiting for divine inspiration to come and give me a topic to write about.

But unfortunately, by being away I have not only neglected this blog but my day to day duties in my office, meaning there were tons of e-mails to answer, files to sort through, and phone calls to return. One of my co-workers just was at my desk and said, “Sometimes it’s not even worth going away with what we have to come back to.”

While this statement is pessimistic and, let’s face it, somewhat true, the tons of work that has been keeping me occupied since my return from Tanzania is a small price to pay for, well, BEING SENT TO TANZANIA!!!

So as we, the working class people of the world, quickly approach summer vacation season remember this: Yes, stuff will be piling up on your desk while you are gone, but the fastest way to forget about it is to order a fruity drink with an umbrella in it and soak up the rays until that winter pastiness is gone.

~The Office Scribe

No comments: